Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Anniversary Trip

So for our tenth anniversary this year we took a trip. Paul got to ride the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike race. Well, bike ride, I guess for him. I sat in the motel with a stack of books to read and movies to watch on cable. I mostly read. I met him at the finish line. Then the next day we played around Portland. We ate at a really good restaurant called Papa Haydn's. It was yummy. When you walk in they ask if you are there for dinner or dessert. Heh. ;)(I researched it before hand.) We had both. Dinner was good. The menu is one page - double sided - just paper. The DESSERT menu is leather bound and two pages, with an extra page of seasonal specials. Oh HEAVEN!!! Paul got a fallen chocolate soufle and I got something I can't remember the name of, but it was 3 or 4 layers of meringue that had whipped cream and assorted berries in the layers and it was all drizzled with chocolate. I will be trying to replicate that sometime for sure!

100 miles into the ride.

175 mile into the ride

Just before the finish line - 200 miles

THE END of the ride!

The last day before driving home we drove out to the coast in Newport and went to the Aquarium there. It was quite large and they had tons of sea life. I got to pet a shark, sting ray, star fish, anenome and some other stuff. Paul did touch one thing, but it took some coaxing. And reasurring that they had hand sanitzer available. Heh. We then drove up the coast to Tillamook and saw them make (well, package really) cheese. And sample the cheese, fudge and ice cream. I have always love Tillamook ice cream, but WOW it was so much better there. I don't know if its a different recipe or if it was just fresh, but YUMMMM! I got the Caramel Butter Pecan, if you're interested...

Kegan loves all sea life due to Grandpa Thueson and of course Sponge Bob. So we took tons of pictures for him. We had to include the Jellyfish thanks to Sponge Bob...One kid asked his mom is he could bounce on the tops....thanks Finding Nemo!
the shark and sting ray tank

That's pretty much it, but we had a great time and it was good to come home to the kids. They had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Kilie and Uncle Brad and clan. Thanks for all their help!

No comments: